One of things that we’ve all missed out on during this crazy time, is a visit to our beloved cafe’ and weekend hot spot. Gone are the days where you’d meet some friends or family, order a scrumptious meal, and then chat for a couple of hours.
Well here are nine easy steps to create that must-have delectable cafe’ style breakfast, all in the comfort of your own home! Keep reading for the full recipe, pop on some jazz tunes and happy cooking!
The UBC Big Breakfast
|2 Eggs||2 Pieces of Short Cut Bacon|
|2 Slices of toast||Half a tomato|
|Half an Avocado||4 White Button Mushrooms (halved)|
|Small amount of Kale||2 tblspns Danish Feta|
|Salt||Small amount of butter (for cooking in pot)|
Kitchen Appliances & Tools needed:
|Knife||2 Hot Plates / Burners|
|Medium Saucepan with lid||Medium Fry pan with lid|
|Spoon for avocado||Fork|
|Small bowl||Dinner plate for serving & cutlery|
- Wash mushrooms, kale and tomato.
- Put a small amount of butter into a saucepan and melt on medium heat.
- Once butter is melted add tomato, kale and mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Then add lid and cook these on low to medium heat just to tenderise them.
- Scoop out avocado with spoon and put into small bowl. Then add the feta and mash both together with fork. Add a sprinkle of pepper to taste.
- Cook the bacon in a fry pan on medium heat. When they’re ready to turn over, add the eggs and cook them in the same fry pan sunny side up. This will give the eggs a great flavour and save dishes!
- Add the lid to help cook the eggs evenly, then put the toast in the toaster.
- Once the toast is done, put it onto your plate and spread avocado and fetta mix.
- Now it’s time to add the bacon and eggs on top. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper if you’d like.
- The tomato, mushrooms and kale should be tenderised now so add them to your plate as well – now you’re finished!
Change or remove the bread for a LOW-CARB option. Remove or replace the butter and feta for DAIRY-FREE. Add some more vegetables to your mushroom, tomato & kale mix and remove the egg and bacon for a VEGAN or VEGETARIAN option as well. Try using asparagus, pumpkin, corn, zucchini, snow peas or sweet potato!
Feel free to add some sparkling water and lemon as a refreshing drink, or some freshly squeezed juice. Then find a relaxing spot at home and enjoy! Now you get to experience the wonder of being at a cafe without actually going there!